I used the whisk with the strainer.
1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8" square pan with PAM.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Make 3 indentations in the dry ingredients.
- Pour vinegar, oil and vanilla into the 3 indentations.
- Pour water over the top and mix quickly just until combined.
- Immediately pour batter into the pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until it tests done.
- Sprinkle with lots of powdered sugar. Allow cake to cool before slicing.
This cake is extremely moist and is very good, possibly better, the day after baking. You can use flavorings other than cocoa for a distinctly different cake.
Thank you for visiting the Americus Garden Inn blog. Next post will highlight the latest photos of the December/Winter project, which is close to completion.