|Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffin - gluten free|
For those of you who can have gluten free oats, here is a recipe for you. Pumpkin combined with oatmeal and mini chocolate chips to create a very moist breakfast or snack muffin. I made this recipe with an egg for the larger batch of 12 muffins. But, when I divided the recipe to make just 4 muffins, I omitted the egg and they came out fine. Try it! Let me know how you like it.
Thanks for visiting the Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast blog. Hope you'll come stay with us soon.
|Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins - wheat free, gluten free|
2 cups gluten free rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix pumpkin, 1 egg, maple syrup, vanilla extract and milk.
- In a medium bowl, stir together oats, baking powder, seasonings and salt. Add chocolate chips.
- Mix dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture just until combined.
- Let the mixture rest for about 10 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the liquid.
- Divide the batter equally into the prepared muffin pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and until the center of each oatmeal muffin is set. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
(For small batch, 4 muffins, divide all ingredients by 4 and omit egg.)