Chocolate Lovers, this is for you. Quick and easy chocolate mousse! Kim asked me for something chocolate. I had just read a recipe in the Wall Street Journal for food processor mousse and felt inspired. So, I looked in the fridge and pantry for possible ingredients and found the perfect combination for chocolate mousse made using the microwave. I hate cleaning the food processor and I did not want to make 6 servings...
A few tablespoons of milk
a little sugar and a pinch of salt.
After heating the milk in the microwave for less than 60 seconds, I added the chocolate chips.
A quick stir and the chocolate was melted.
A little coconut oil (no need to melt first)
a little coffee liqueur
a little vanilla
a quick stir to combine.
some whipping cream
whipped just to soft peaks
gently stirred with the chocolate mixture
added in the rest of the whipped cream
folded gently until combined
spooned/poured into dessert cups. Looks like pudding at this stage and tastes great, but wait.
Let it chill in the fridge for an hour or so and your have the perfect spoonful of chocolate mousse. Wish you had been here to have the extra portion - it made 3! So, Kim has an extra one for tomorrow.
Here is the finished recipe. Hope you like it! Thanks for visiting the Americus Garden Inn.
(yield 2 - 3 servings)
3 TBS milk
1 TBS sugar
Pinch of salt
½ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate mini chips
1 TBS coconut oil
1 TBS coffee liqueur
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup heavy cream
1. In a microwave safe large measuring cup, combine milk, sugar and salt.
2. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave another 15 seconds or until the milk begins to boil.
3. Stir chocolate chips into hot milk. Stir until totally melted.
4. Add coconut oil, coffee liqueur and vanilla, stir to combine. Cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
5. In a bowl or measuring cup, whip the cream to soft peaks – where it just starts to hold its shape.
6. Fold 1/3 of the cream into the cooled chocolate, then add remaining cream. Try not to over mix. Fold just enough to combine with no white streaks.
7. Pour/spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.