|Orange Praline Muffins|
The flavors of orange and pecan go so well together. I've had the original recipe for Orange Praline Bread for quite some time. It was on the Land O Lakes website. I decided to try the recipe for muffins instead and, of course, I had to add whole wheat. The orange flavor was predominant as the recipe calls for quite a bit of orange zest. I also made a little more glaze than the original recipe as I wanted to make sure each muffin had enough of "the good stuff". Kim, as the official taste-tester, said he would prefer these as muffintops as the best part is the praline topping. I'll have to try that next time. Or, if you try it, let me know how it turns out for you.
Orange Praline Muffins
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 large egg
1/2 Tablespoon orange zest
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
3 Tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix sour cream, melted butter, egg, orange zest, vanilla and sugar until combined.
- Add dry ingredients mixing just until moistened.
- Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Spoon batter evenly into 10 muffin cups.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes and remove from pans to a cooling rack covered with a piece of waxed paper.
- In a small saucepan, mix brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter, stirring until well combined.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil (3 to 4 minutes).
- Spoon glaze mixture over warm muffins (or dip muffin tops in glaze) and immediately sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Allow “praline” to set and ENJOY!
Click her for the Original recipe