|Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies|
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Makes 8 - 12 cookies depending on size
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup real maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon molasses
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift the flours, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt, and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, molasses and vanilla, then stir in the oil until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, along with the chocolate chips, and stir through until just well combined (do not overmix).
- Place large spoonfuls of the batter on the cookie sheet and flatten a little.
- Bake for 11 minutes, until just golden (if you bake for much longer, they will dry out).
- Let cool on the sheet for no more than 1 minute (again, to prevent drying), then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Let them cool a little before eating.
Thanks for visiting the Americus Garden Inn blog. We hope you'll come back soon.