|mini gingerbread muffins|
Today, I just felt like making something special. Something you just don't have everyday. I decided to make gingerbread muffins. It seems that the only time you hear about gingerbread is Christmas time. Why not make some in April or whenever you feel like you want something warm and sweet and spicy. This recipe is simple and makes 48 mini muffins. Hope you like it.
Mini Gingerbread Muffins
Yield: 48 mini muffins
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mufin tins with nonstick spray.
- Combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, molasses, buttermilk and melted butter.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Scoop evenly into muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.
Thank you for visiting the Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast blog. Hope you'll visit again, soon.