Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shirred Eggs Diavolo




Recently, I saw a recipe for eggs diavolo which were made on the stove in a sauce pan. I thought they would be easier and just as delicious if you baked them. They are! Here's my very simple recipe: Spray your muffin tin with non stick spray. Spoon some spicy marinara sauce in the bottom of each muffin cup (about a tablespoon is perfect). Crack an egg carefully into each muffin cup (try not to break the yolk, but, it really doesn't matter). Spoon about a teaspoon of olive oil over the yolk of each egg. Sprinkle with a little pepper and top with some shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the eggs are set to your liking. Serve topped with a little extra marinara sauce and cheese. Delicious! Hope you enjoy this recipe. I recently had guests tell me this was the best thing they ever tasted.

Thanks for visiting the Americus Garden Inn Bed and Breakfast blog.  Come visit again, soon.

No comments: