|Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops|
What looks like a cookie but is perfect for breakfast, brunch, tea or whenever you like? How about a chocolate chip muffin top with a streusel topping! I've been making these for years and everyone LOVES them.
Have a sweet day!
Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops
Yield: 12 muffin tops
½ cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 Tablespoon flour
½ cup mini chocolate chips
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
4 ½ teaspoons sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup milk
¼ cup melted butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin top pan with nonstick spray.
2. Prepare topping by combining nuts, brown sugar, butter and flour.
3. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, combine muffin dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips.
5. In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients.
6. Add wet to dry and stir just until combined.
7. Spoon into prepared pan.
8. Evenly distribute topping over batter and press gently into batter.
9. Bake 15 – 18 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
10. Cool on rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
|Chocolate Chip Muffin Top|