|Orange Pecan Buttermilk Pancakes|
These orange pecan buttermilk pancakes were made, again, by special request. So many of you asked me for the recipe and I always try to make everyone happy. Here is one of my guests' favorite recipes. Hope you love them. BTW, those giant pecans are actually from one of our trees. Love, Susan
Orange Pecan Buttermilk Pancakes
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup orange juice
2 Tablespoons melted butter or oil
Zest from ½ orange (optional)
½ cup chopped, toasted, pecans
1. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
2. Combine egg, buttermilk, orange juice, butter or oil and zest, if using.
3. Add wet to dry ingredients and stir just to combine.
4. Spoon batter onto hot griddle and sprinkle with pecans. Flip when lightly browned to brown other side.
5. Serve with nut side up accompanied by butter and maple syrup.