I've noticed that a lot of you are like me - we need recipes that are gluten free, soy free and egg free, either for health reasons or by choice. This recipe is for you. It only makes 2 muffins. Perfect for when you need a muffin fix, but, don't want to make more than you need right now. I've made them twice - once with pecans and once with almonds. I used apple puree the first time and pear puree the second. Both came out delicious. They did brown very quickly, so watch the oven.
Yield: 2 muffins
3/4 cup nuts
1/4 cup fruit puree
1 TBS honey
1/8 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 2 foil muffin cups on a baking sheet.
2. In a small food processor, grind the nuts to the consistency of flour (not to butter).
3. Add remaining ingredients and combine.
4. Scoop into foil muffin cups.
5. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 325 and bake an additional 5 – 10 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Thanks for visiting the Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast. Hope you'll come back soon.