The persimmon tree is turning a gorgeous orange hue. Remember, you can click to enlarge the photos.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- In the small bowl of the food processor, combine flax and water until thick and foamy.
- Add oil and soy milk to flax mixture.
- Add wet ingredients to dry.
- Allow batter to sit covered overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove batter from refrigerator as you heat griddle to proper temperature for pancakes.
- If batter appears too thick, add a couple of TBS of extra soy milk.
- Grease griddle lightly using canola oil or use PAM.
- Cook on one side until golden brown, flip and cook other side until golden.
- Serve with real maple syrup.
NOTES: I did add a little cinnamon to the batter and fresh banana slices on top. Kim said that the texture was reminiscent of yeast dinner rolls. You can add any fruit, nuts, granola - use your imagination.
Thank you for visiting the Americus Garden Inn blog. We wish everyone a Thanksgiving full of wonderful blessings.