Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Beautiful New Year in Americus Georgia


Happy New Year!  I can't believe how quickly time has flown.


As you can see, the camellias are in bloom.


No, these are not in my garden.


However, just a few minute stroll from our door,


you can see all these beauties at Oak Grove Cemetery.


If I had the time, I would drive to Massee Lane Gardens in Fort Valley,


home of the American Camellia Society.


Since I don't have the time,


I allowed myself a half hour break


to enjoy these exquisite flowers


all blooming right now.


There are many varieties that are loaded with buds.


Our sasanquas are just about done,


but our camellias are not quite ready.


So, if you have a little time and you love camellias,


make sure to visit Oak Grove Cemetery.  It is one of my favorite places to walk in Americus.

I hope you enjoyed the virtual camellia bouquet.  If you come visit us in the next couple of months, I promise, there will still be lots of camellias.  Plan enough time to visit Massee Lane Gardens, too.  It is well worth the visit.

Thanks for stopping by the Americus Garden Inn Blog.  We hope 2020 brings you much joy!

Love,
Susan and Kim

No comments: