Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Easiest, Quickest, Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies





Well, it's that time of year. Cookie time! Everyone starts thinking about holiday baking and cookies right after Halloween. They even have Christmas displays set up everywhere and it is not even Thanksgiving yet. So, what are the choices for gluten free baking? There actually are lots of options. But, this recipe is truly one of the easiest and requires nothing that you have to buy at a specialty store. Here are the ingredients. I'll bet you have them all in your pantry and fridge right now.
Start with a cup of brown sugar.
Add a cup of peanut butter.
Add one egg.
Add 1 tsp of baking soda.
Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
Mix with a wooden spoon
until well combined.
Add 1 cup of chocolate chips
Mix thoroughly
Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie panI do use my hands to make little balls after scooping. At this point, I put the whole thing in the freezer

and once they are frozen, they go in a ziploc bag so I can grab a few to bake when I want a cookie!
Well, actually, I want more than one cookie. So, I made enough to share with Kim.

Baked at 350 degrees for about 14 minutes, they are perfect.


I am ready to settle down with a cup of Americus Garden Inn signature blend coffee in my signature mug with my gluten free peanut butter cookies. Yum! If you were here, I would be happy to share my private stash of gluten free peanut butter cookies with you, too. :)Here is the recipe for
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter (chunky may be used if preferred)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips (or morsels)
  1. Stir together first five ingredients in medium bowl, using wooden spoon.
  2. Stir in chocolate chips/morsels
  3. Drop cookie dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
  4. Bake at 350 F for 12 minutes or until puffed and golden (Cookies will be soft in the center). If baking from frozen, bake for 14 minutes.
  5. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes, remove to wire rack.
HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO.
Love,
Susan

No comments: